Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Dehydrator Experiments

My wife gave me a dehydrator on Monday for my birthday, one of those rare things you see and want then remember about in time to get as a present! As I've got a lull between lessons this afternoon I bought some fruits off of a market stall and I'm trying them out today.
I've got some nice, large, apples which I'm trying out (not spiced this time) as well as a few bananas (I never know when to stop spelling that word) and also some corn I'm going to try.
My goal is threefold, one I should be able to make some snacks. Secondly I should have some decent, lightweight trail food available. Thirdly I should be able to eventually put together some sort of reserve of various foods.
I'll let you know how I get on and what it all tastes like.

2 comments:

Pablo said...

I'd like to know how you get on with this. I've been toying with the idea for some time.
Pablo.

Survival Chick said...

I would love to make my own! Let us know how it works out for you..