Monday, June 02, 2008

Weather Observation 01/06/08 - Warsaw

Another day, even hotter than yesterday, with temperatures reported to be up above 30 degrees.Very few clouds visible, less than 1% cloud cover but a few impressive looking cirrus types as shown below. I wonder how long these clouds actually are? I'm guessing a couple of kilometers.
The day was hot and began to get humid but did become more bearable in the evening.
Apart from me suffering with my allergy everyone seems cheerful and reasonably active in the heat.
The wind remained cool and from the East. An interesting sight is that with the wind going opposite to its usual direction you can see leaves being turned over. This is particularly noticeable with birches as the undersides of the leaves are very pale compared to the tops. I've tried to capture it here but not done a great job.

0 comments: