Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Krupnik

I've been sat in the flat for a couple of days as I've been suffering from some type of stomach upset for since Monday. Not like me at all as I'm usually over stuff quickly - at least I've improved quite a bit today. Agi has done a tremendous job of looking after me and has been more than a little worried at times - I tend to lose weight very rapidly when I'm ill and have lost up to 10kg in 3 days before.
Anyway, the point of this post is to illustrate one of the best things about daily life in Poland - the food. Poles will always sing its praises yet on the world scale it doesn't register very highly.
Agi has made one of the traditional pick-me-ups for me - a type of chicken and vegetable soup called Krupnik (also the name of a honey liquer vodka my parents are much enamoured of!). It smells wonderful and by virtue of being cooked for a few hours and containing both potatoes and rice it should work as a good stomach calmer.
Also of note is that the weather has taken a decidedly autumnal turn with temperatures down to 12-15 degrees and rain the last two days. Only a week and a half till I'm back at work as well!

1 comments:

The Suburban Bushwacker said...

Love your blog I've added it to my blog roll.
best wishes
SBW