Thursday, June 07, 2007

Corpus Christi

Today is a national holiday in Poland due to the feast of Corpus Christi. There will be huge processions of priests and praying people up and down the streets today and there is a billboard about Christ's blood outside my apartment block. It also worth noting that on religious holidays here everything is shut. It is impossible to buy anything, a far change from multi-ethnic Britain!
It's not too big a deal for me as a non-Catholic but it's nice to have a day off at this time of year. I've only got 6 more days of work left even if they are still trying to kill us. Tomorrow is scheduled to be a 9.45 am start (I work evenings) finishing at 7pm. After that there is the works end of year party with students which starts at 8, attendance being semi-compulsory. I'm not really looking forward to it.
All this means that today will be spent recharging for tomorrow and the end of term.

0 comments: