Sunday, February 18, 2007

Walk in the Woods

This afternoon I went for a wander in the woods (Las Kapturski) for the first time since the high winds about a month ago. As a result of this there was a lot of downed and sawn up pine around. I used my SAK to cut a wrist thick branch off which is now sitting in a bath of water! Not quite as mad as it sounds (I hope) as I've read this makes wood faster to dry. I'm hoping to have a go at making it into a spoon when it has dried. Most people seem to use other woods than pine but it is meant to be a reasonable carving wood.
I also saw a few people having a barbeque there this afternoon (it was unseasonally warm - almost 10 degrees C) which might be a future opportunity to test the firebowl out. All in all it was a nice relaxing way of spending a Sunday afternoon.

0 comments: