Friday, February 23, 2007

Snowed In

Although the snow has returned once again, accompanied by it being -10 last night, I'm unfortunately not physically snowed in yet. However at work the exam courses I teach have made life very hectic with lots of extra hours teaching and more paperwork. I haven't really had a lot of time to make many updates through the week. As usual I have many projects on the go, all of them in a half finished state!
I should hopefully be able to make some progress on the berry picker soon whilst the tomahawk head is finally getting there. I've also got a couple of books which I shall review and whilst writing this the postman has delivered and old fashioned canvas bedroll I bought on E-bay.
I'm also continuing my research into wooden homes and cabins here including companies and prices. It all looks quite promising so far.
In the absence of any quality content here today I advise you to check Pablo's latest post - insprired by Nessmuk and Kephart like more stuff here should be!

1 comments:

Hissing Sid said...

Hiya, if you are interested in wooden cabins then you could try contacting my brother who is in Lublin. He's interested in them, in fact I think he might even own one. He's pretty much interested in traditional polish culture and you might find a trip to Lublin interesting as they have a working rural life museum/ village (linked I think on the website below) which I could fairly bet would give some hints about traditional polish bushcrafting skills if you know what you are looking for. Link is http://www.rootsweb.com/~pollubel/cultures/index.htm