Monday, February 05, 2007

Countryside Cabins


I recently bought a book on traditional wooden cabins through amazon and have spent this morning (I'm on holiday) looking through various internet sites and feeling pretty inspired. The book has some really nice ideas in it and I managed to find a couple of websites that had some really nice info in them such as minicabin and cabinbuilding along with a company making some very realistically priced ones here in Poland called DOMPOL.
None of these are overnight projects yet by the same token I earn good money and live in a free flat so none are impossible either. The small house society also has a few nice links and articles on their website.
I've added one of the nicest pictures I've come across today to show you all what I mean (and add a little colour)
On another note I've recently ordered a grilliput firebowl through E-bay. I think this is the closest I can get to a portable open fire whilst still using a stove so it should keep foresters or campsites happy. I'll let you know how I get on with it when (or if considering Poczta Polska) it arrives!
There probably won't be any updates for the rest of this week as I shall be in Toruń till Saturday. It should be a nice break from work with my girlfriend and a chance to see a different city in Poland. As it was one of the few places not devastated by either Germans or Russians in the Wecond World War and is also the hometown of Copernicus (Mikołaj Kopernik in Polish)

0 comments: