Saturday, October 07, 2006

Out Tomorrow

I'm still planning to go out to the park at Kozienice tomorrow and have so many ideas of what to look for or do.
I'd like to get a couple of bits of wood for a go at spoon carving as that seems to be a pretty popular activity on the bushcraftuk forum. I'll also be on the lookout for any mushrooms particularly the bracket fungi which can be used to make tinder.
Another likely job is to try to find out how thick birch bark gets here and if I can find a downed tree to take some from. I don't plan on building a canoe with it but trying to make something would be pretty cool.
I've been reading Mors Kochanski's (a Polish name?) "Bushcraft"and this has given me way too many ideas of things to try. Hopefully I'll get some good bits and photos. But then nothing in life is certain!

0 comments: