Thursday, October 05, 2006

Nessmuk by Tlim




Ok, another kit post today probably to be followed by more tomorrow! This time it is a rather special knife which I ordered about two months ago from a Polish custom maker TLIM. Having seen his work on his website and been on the lookout for a Nessmuk I could afford for the best part of 2 years I thought it was worth a go.
The knife is a fairly thick blade which isn't exactly typical for a nessmuk but this is the only issue with it - the construction feels incredibly solid and I'd have no reservations about batoning this knife! The handle is of wenge wood and the maker also made up a sheath for it which is nicely made and pretty solid too.
The maker was a nice guy to deal with but we communicated in (limited in my case) polish as it seemed I speak more Polish than he does English. Paying for the knife could also have been a bit of a hassle as you can't get Paypal yet in Poland however I could use a local postal order.
Hope you like the photos, I'll let you know how I get on with it.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love that knife,and the makers website